Cantera Barrel Club ~ Vintage 2021
Thank you for your interest in joining our Cantera Barrel Club. For the 2021 vintage, registrations are now open until 1 October, 2022.
Please see below for all the details on this special offer and what information we require from you to progress your registration. Allocations will be made on a first come, first served basis with just five barrels available for purchase in 2021.
Cantera Barrel Club – vintage 2021
The 2021 Hawke’s Bay vintage was slightly cooler than both 2019 and 2020 though still continued the warmer-than-average trend of the last 4 years. Flowering was five to 10 days early and normal temperatures were experienced until the end of January. It was a drier-than-average season, but the moderate summer meant no excessive vine stress was evident and harvest weather was reasonably stable and favourable. The result? A very good to exceptional Hawke’s Bay vintage, and one we are proud to craft the Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo and Cabernet Franc for our 2021 CRU Omahu Cantera from.
In addition to your barrel purchase, we are pleased to offer you our Whānau club membership status with Smith & Sheth including:
- 20% savings on biannual wine shipments and all online wine purchases
- Shipping included on all wine orders within New Zealand
- Complimentary tastings at the Smith & Sheth Village Cellar Door
- 20% savings on Heretaunga Wine Studio Bookings
- Early access to new wine releases
- Priority offers on our cellar-only and limited availability wines
- Invitations to special Whānau-only events
- A 10% discount when you stay at Porters Hotel in the village of Havelock North